ERP Modernization Financial SME – EBS-C
We are seeking a Functional Financial Management Subject Matter Expert to support activities related to ERP modernization as part of a larger Army ERP transition. The Functional SME will work closely with a functional team and system engineers to analyze complex business processes and functional requirements with the goal of translating requirements into documents, helping technical staff understand requirements, supporting business process reengineering workshops, and reviewing the developed system to confirm requirements were met.
Note: Telework is acceptable under current government directed COVID measures. Upon amendment of those measures, liberal telework or a remote location will be acceptable with occasional requirements to travel to client offices at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and other Army locations.
- Support business process reengineering (BPR) workshops to translate functional requirements into technical requirements which will be provided to a system integration contractor
- Rationalizing and harmonizing current General fund and Working capital divergent end-to-end business processes to facilitate convergence
- Support the development of key acquisition and contracting documents to develop the EBS-Convergence Solutions (e.g., PWS, SOO, SOW)
- Work closely with the functional requirements team to help prioritize and group requirements into work packages supporting a Government capability implementation plan
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide and integrate diverse stakeholder requirements into a holistic technical requirement
- Support the development of user stories based on deep understanding of Agile development principles and in alignment to functional epics and features
- Provide feedback to data architecture resources to ensure integrity and consistency between application best practices and enterprise data models
- Work with solution architects, functional and programmatic offices, system integrators, and stakeholders to communicate and advocate for proper understanding of requirements and prototype solutions
- Perform validation of system integrator configuration of EBS-C solution to safeguard and minimize against customizations of core SAP products
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with agile methods
- Experience with Defense Business Systems or ERP software/system development projects
- 8+ years’ experience specializing in Army financial management processes. At least 4 years operating as a functional expert, consulting, designing, implementing, or contributing to Army SAP based ERP process or system improvements.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas
- Guidelines, principles, processes, and systems associated with the Army’s Program Planning and Budget Execution (PPBE) process, such as the budget formulation and administration, the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) cycle, Program Optimization and Budget Evaluation (PROBE), and Project Management Resource Tool (PMRT)
- Army financial business processes, integration and reconciliation within GFEBS; business process to include but not limited to Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Foreign National Pay, US Civilian Payroll, Army Joint Reconciliation Process (JRP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Reimbursables and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPRs).
- Army Logistics Processes such as inventory, warehouse management, supply chain management, Defense and Security solutions, etc.
- Understanding of relevant Army End-to-End (E2E) business processes and knowledge of how those processes work within current Army ERP systems, specifically the General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS), Logistics Modernization Program (LMP), Global Combat Support System (GCSS-Army).
- SAP ECC functional experience; specifically, implemention best practices and capabilities of one or more of following modules; Asset Management, Audit Management, Cost Management (CM), Controlling (CO), Financial Accounting (FI), Funds Management (FM), Sales and Distribution (SD), Special Purpose Ledger (Federal Ledger), Treasury (TR)
- Trained in S/4 HANA
- Experience with complex problem-solving strategies. Able to determine the source of a problem and find effective solution(s) through an in-depth evaluation of varying factors. Strong capacity for abstract reasoning and creative visioning.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams; experience with working complex projects remotely is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation and writing skills to successfully interact with colleagues and executive client leadership
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work under time constraints
- Part-time on client site may be required
- Master’s Degree
- Certifications in agile methods
- S4/HANA Financial Implementation experience
cBEYONData is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.